There Are Two Ways to Apply to Washington College:
Note: Though the Common App asks about criminal history, under Maryland law a criminal history does not disqualify an applicant from admission.
|Early Decision||Early Action||Regular Decision|
|November 15||December 1||February 15|
|December 15||January 15||April 1|
What We Need from You
The following items are required for your application:
- Completed and signed application form
- Admission essay/personal statement
- SAT or ACT scores (Optional*)
- One counselor recommendation
- Official transcript
The following items are recommended for your application:
- Teacher recommendation
- Activities sheet or résumé
*Test Scores are optional at Washington College Standardized testing, such as the SAT and the ACT, is optional for all students applying to WC. Read more about our test optional policy here. Please use this form to submit your intention to apply as a test optional student. For applicants who would like their testing to be considered, WC will accept both official and self-reported test scores. Official test scores can be submitted in any of the following ways:
- Sent directly from the testing agency (SAT and ACT). The Washington College school code is 5888.
- Sent by the students’ high school counselor via email (wc_inquiries@) or fax (410-778-7287)
- Sent by the student’s high school counselor via official transcript
- Submit screenshots or scanned copies of score reports via email (wc_inquiries@) or fax (410-778-7287)
Self-reported test scores can be submitted in any of the following ways: Enter scores in the testing section of the Common Application or WC Application
For applicants who would like their testing to be considered and submitted self-reported scores, please note that official test scores will be required upon enrollment. Any discrepancies from self-reported test scores may result in rescinding our offer of admission.
Information for International, Transfer Students, and Veterans
Learn more by choosing your group: